Things move at a fast pace and fast pace requires fast steps. Fast steps require more energy and the more you conserve is more you have – unless you have boosters to provide the extra energy. The system in equilibrium has the unique ability to stay in that state for a long time or at least till there is any disruption leading to entropic state and consequently moves to another state of equilibrium.
This is how the physical states work everywhere. This is how growth happens. This is how Momentum Moments are built.
The current world is undergoing a similar entropic state with multiple disruptions coming. Consequently, a new equilibrium state will come with its own tenure till something else disrupts it for good.
A recent report by PwC has predicted that Global GDP will grow by up to $16 Trillion through AI with productivity gains and consumption patterns shift. In numbers that is –
And here is how PwC claims it.
Highlights from above chart:
- Labour productivity improvements that are assisting the work force to be more productive through the adoption of AI tools are going to give 55% of overall gains.
- Product innovation increases and gains traction with faster throughput for products and services.
- Consequently, there would be increased consumption and also AI would help in reducing the amount of consumption side wastage. Thereby, giving 58% of GDP gains by 2030.
In addition, SalesForce predicts that there would 800,000 new jobs and $1.1 Trillion in revenue growth by 2021 through AI.
On the other side, data Mining of 100 Million Instagram Photos revealed Global Clothing patterns. What is also means –
- Now you can find out what clothing trends are emerging
- That you can introduce new styles by adopting the fashion trends from anywhere in the world
- The old order of what fits right and what fits not is quickly blurring and shadow lines are disappearing
- Your data once published is easy commodity for anybody to use
- Your lives so private become horribly social without your knowing
- You may be inspiring somebody who may have no means to extend gratitude
Check out more about the study here.
Our friends with Oriental Lineage have a lot to share in the last few days.
The father of Deep Learning, Andrew Ng, is making significant strides after his stint got over at Baidu. Perhaps the corporate culture was suffocating the entrepreneur in him. He has recently announced, yet another initiative for Deep Learning, this time named DeepLearning.ai. Below is the link, the scientist does have an appeal to some marketing too. Check out the capital letters in the name below.
And lastly, Andre Ng’s former employer Baidu has launched Apollo – what it is calling the Android of Self Driven Cars. Its good to hear such open systems based announcements from companies that operate in geographies where Google, Facebook, Amazon and many more companies – known for bringing openness to the forefront – are not allowed to operate. So, good luck to them and their strides. And of course, they are not doing it alone, but in partnership with Microsoft – another organisation that took years to learn about the openness of systems.
Our salute to Andrew Ng for relentlessly pushing the limits of AI. Here is a famous video from him. Do watch it!
Enjoy reading… Happy rest of the week!